DIY MAGAZINE HANGER - MINIMUM WALL HANGING - Wedding Deco

Wedding Decoration & Marriage Preparation

Breaking

Freitag, 6. März 2020

DIY MAGAZINE HANGER - MINIMUM WALL HANGING

Before I go to sleep, I like to read a book again or leaf through a magazine. That's why I always have something to read on my bedside table. From now on, my books and magazines are hanging stylishly on the wall, because I have built a DIY magazine hanger.

The DIY has brought me to the brink of despair! I only say old building walls! Actually, I just wanted to drill two small holes for the hangers, insert dowels and screws, done! In the end, however, the holes were as big as the whole hanger, which is why I stuffed them directly into the hole without a screw, but with a special adhesive. It has often happened to me here that half the wall comes towards you if you want to drill a small hole. The walls are super crumbly and it is very difficult to attach anything to them.

A while ago I even crashed down an entire wall shelf. On top of it stood all my storage jars, the contents of which came together to form a very unsightly mass. Do you know the problems with old building walls?

The DIY itself is super easy to implement and you can easily drill into normal walls without tearing down the wall.




COURAGE TO CHANGE

At the moment I am still in a phase of finding the blog. I love the new design and am happy about every DIY. The step to change was definitely the right one because I can finally create some nice DIY’s for my apartment. The colorful DIY’s just didn’t suit me and I felt it very much in the end. I could hardly motivate myself to blog.

But I also notice that change is a continuous process. In the beginning, it was very difficult for me to take photos in a different style and had to try something out first. Meanwhile, I really like my new style and I'm so happy about the change.

MAKE YOUR DIY MAGAZINE HANGER

Now I will finally tell you how to make the magazine hanger yourself. The instructions are really super simple and the DIY is done in just a few minutes. Incidentally, I also have the wall rakes in the bathroom and in the kitchen and a larger version as a wardrobe in the hallway.



For the magazine hanger you need:


  • Wooden stick
  • pencil
  • Hand saw
  • Hanger bolt (possibly with dowel)
  • drill
  • cord
  • scissors
  • Wooden bead


And this is how the DIY magazine hanger is made:

Use the pencil to draw a line on your wooden stick. You can make your hanger as long as you like and also vary the slope.
Now saw off your rake and then drill a hole for the hanger bolt. If you drill the hole straight, the hook sits a little flatter on the wall, if you drill the hole at an angle, the hook sits more steeply on the wall.
Now screw the hanger screw into the hook and start drilling the hole in the wall. Here you screw in the hook.
Now cut off a piece of your cord. The piece of the cord should be a little longer than your magazine.
Put one end through the wooden ball and make a thick knot. At the other end, you put a loop and tie a knot. finished!
DIY magazine hanger - minimalist wall hanging - Ms. Liebling - DIY blog
That was it. Super easy right? If you like, you can hang several hangers on a hook, but I'm not sure how much they actually can with mine. I'm curious about how you like my DIY. On the other side of the bed, I want to hang a bigger hook and attach a lamp to it. Maybe I'll get a firmer spot and I won't get half the wall again.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Free Coloring Book